CURRENT CULINARY QUIZ QUESTIONS
ANSWERS ARE BELOW
(A New quiz every day)
TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUIZ
1) This item was so expensive up until the 1500s that it was used in small amounts in medicines, but not in food.
[a] saffron [b] vanilla [c] sugar [d] anise [e] maple syrup
2) Which of the following are mentioned in the Old testament and are among the earliest cultivated foods?
[a] almonds and dates [b] rice and wheat [c] basil and saffron
3) Those with thyroid problems should avoid eating large amount of these foods.
[a] salt and lemons [b] cabbage and cauliflower
[c] asparagus and broccoli
ANSWERS TO TODAY’S FOOD TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
1) [c] Up until the 1500s, sugar was so expensive that is was used in small amounts as medicine and to sweeten wine, but not in food.
2) [a] Historians generally agree that almonds and dates, both mentioned in the Old Testament of the Bible, were among the earliest cultivated foods.
3) [b] Those with thyroid problems should avoid eating large amounts of cabbage or cauliflower. They both interfere with the body's absorption of iodine, needed by the thyroid gland.